Thursday 7 April 2011

Website Reflection

As required I have created my website Laura's Teaching Adventures with Weebly. As I enjoy organising I had fun creating the layout of the website however I can admit that I have trouble being creative and this slows me down. Maybe that’s why I chose to study accounting in the first place and thus why I want to be a business education and maths teacher? As such websites can be used in the teaching and learning in my classroom to communicate with students and parents through notices and reminders. Sharing can also occur and involve examples of previous students work (permission gained) to help some learn, links to further resources such as mathematic games for the middle school years, extra study questions for exams for all subjects and years but it may be especially helpful for senior grades.

So the penny has whooshed down the slot and now heres my thoughts in the form of a PMI!!

Plus
•        Students must read and comprehend information from the internet, therefore increasing their literacy and new literacy skills.
•        Websites have more stability due to the feature of not being able to edit them.
•        Connects students to the world wide web and other teaching resources including the teachers blog and wiki.
•        Communication tool for students and parents.
•        Can be accessed at anytime.
•        Environmentally friendly storage of notices, homework, extra resources and students work.
Minus
•        Students can not take part in websites.
•        Open to public to view.
•        More complex to construct.
•        Does not always promote analytical thinking
•        Technical failures including power outage, network connections etc.
•        Not all students have access to technology devices and the internet.
Interesting
•        Do schools have the resources to fund having the technologies like computers and interactive whiteboards in every school so that the digital tool can be used when required not when it is available to result in the overall effective learning?

No comments:

Post a Comment