Thursday, 7 April 2011

Digital Images Reflection

Telephone Box by MissLM
Telephone Box, a photo by MissLM on Flickr.

Lucky I have just had a two month tour of Europe and have ample photos to edit.  Images can be utilised in my teaching of business education and mathematics in such ways:

•        Portray situations in the ‘real’ business word so students can discuss and analyse.
•        Document projects and excursions.
•        Cartoons can be used to engage students and grab their attention.
•        Appeal to some learning styles and help answer mathematic problems in particular.

A PMI to critically analyse digital images in the classroom:

Plus
•        Increase visual literacy
•        Support critical thinking.
•        Engage thinking.
•        Influence Feelings.
•        Support Skill Development.
•        Encourages Creativity and Individuality.
•        Interact with Technology.
Minus
•        Some students do not have access to technology including cameras, computers and internet.
•        Copyright issues.
Interesting
•        I am amazed that there are so many online, free software products readily available on the internet to help edit photos and pictures however even I am sometimes uncertain of their credibility in all aspects including health such as viruses and etc.



No comments:

Post a Comment